You have no items in your bag
Rough & Uneven Skin Texture
What is Skin Texture?
Skin texture measures how the surface of your skin feels. While ideal skin texture is soft and smooth skin, some may experience textured skin as a result of excess dead skin cells. This buildup can lead to rough skin, clogged pores, dry skin, or acne.
What Factors Contribute to Bumpy Skin and Uneven Skin Texture?
Several factors can contribute to dead skin buildup, including excessive sun exposure, environmental toxins, hormones, dehydrated skin, and lack of exfoliation. Additionally, reduced collagen production as a result of skin's natural aging process can contribute to uneven skin texture. These factors can cause rough/bumpy skin and even lead to thickened skin with coarse wrinkles or thinner skin with fine lines.
How Can I Improve Skin Texture Issues?
While skin texture naturally changes with age, there are a few options that can help improve the appearance of your skin’s complexion including:
- Drinking Water - Making sure skin is well hydrated can help rough skin look regenerated. Do your skin a favor and drink some water.
- Exfoliating - With excess dead skin cells building up on the skin's surface, exfoliation can help wash away this layer of dead skin. By adding a chemical exfoliant to your skincare routine, your skin is better equipped to combat clogged pores, fine lines, and sun damage. Common skincare exfoliants include AHAs and BHAs that help address specific skin concerns and improve skin’s overall complexion.
- Wearing SPF - Not only does sunscreen help combat uneven skin tone and aging skin, regularly applying SPF can help repair skin texture and enlarged pores caused by sun damage. No matter your skin type, it's important to apply SPF every day.
- Trying Laser Treatment - Laser treatments can help improve the appearance of textured skin by reducing fine lines, minimizing hyperpigmentation, and stimulating collagen production.
- Using the Right Skin Care Products - Our Restorative Eye Treatment helps improve the appearance of skin firmness as well as reduce the appearance of fine lines and wrinkles around and under the eyes. Backed by TriHex Technology®, Alastin's skincare face products help clear damaged elastin and collagen while supporting the production of new, healthy elastin and collagen.
Talk to your doctor if you have concerns about the texture of your skin, uneven skin tone, or questions about potential skin treatment options, which could include laser treatments, microdermabrasion, topical skincare, or chemical peels.
Reviewed by Wendy Johnson, Vice President, Marketing
Wendy Johnson brings to Alastin Skincare over 22 years of pharmaceutical, biotechnology, and aesthetics industry experience in various sales, training, marketing, and thought leadership development roles.
Designed to help calm, nourish, and hydrate skin.
Join the A-List
Stay in the glow with the latest beauty and skincare trends, products, and procedures.