You have no items in your bag
These are the Skincare Products You Should Be Using Every Day
Skincare 101: Daily Skincare Must-Haves & Expert Advice
The mantra less is more, can be a great perspective for many things in life, but when it comes to your skin’s health, and possibly more importantly, your confidence, more might be more.
The truth is that understanding what the best skincare products are for your skin type, life stage, and skin health goals, is not simple. The best thing you can do for yourself, at any age, is to seek a skilled skincare physician for a consult on your skin. They will discuss with you how to put together a complete and customized skincare regimen to fit your needs and lifestyle.
That said, let’s explore the essential daily skincare products everyone should have as part of their beauty routine.
Daily Skincare Must-Haves for Glowing Skin
- Cleanser: a cleanser that can remove impurities from your skin without causing dryness or irritation is one of the most essential parts of your skincare regimen. Look for a soothing cleanser that can both soften and moisturize without upsetting the skin’s natural moisture balance while also removing excess oil, make-up, and the environmental pollutants we accumulate throughout the day.
- Moisturizer: as your body’s primary protection barrier, the skin requires powerful nutrients to help keep it strong, healthy, and balanced. Especially as we age, our skin’s collagen and elastin slowly breakdown, making is susceptible to the environment and signs of aging like fine lines, wrinkles, and pigmentation. To help fight visible signs of aging, use a hydrating, oil-free moisturizer with powerful antioxidants and soothing phyto-nutrients to nourish your outer layer.
- SPF: perhaps the best preventative step of your skincare routine throughout your entire life, is using a broad-spectrum sunscreen for daily protection from damaging UVA and UVB rays from the sun. And yes, the “broad-spectrum” benefit is essential.
These are your most basic, daily essentials when it comes to skincare. But especially as we age, there are some additional skincare products you should consider adding to your daily regimen...
Skincare Products for Aging Skin
- Toner: a gentle, non-alcohol based toner can go a long way to help prep the skin for targeted skincare products that would be applied post-cleanser and toner. Think of it like a pre-serum or pre-moisturizer, as described by StyleCaster.com.
- Serum: unlike moisturizers which typically have large molecules, serums are highly concentrated liquids with smaller molecules which allow them to penetrate deeper into the skin to deliver anti-aging benefits. The key to serums is that a little goes a long way, so don’t fret too much about a big price tag on a small bottle, it should last a while.
- Targeted Treatments: these can come in many forms like serums and creams, but the most important consideration is to identify your skin concerns to find the right formula. Most common skin treatments by the time you hit your 30s include eye creams, masks, and retinols. Soon after, you may also become concerned about your décolleté and other parts of your body… so we’ll get to that in the next section.
Common Skin Aging Concerns
If dark circles, puffiness, crow’s feet, and skin firmness around the eyes are a concern, try the ALASTIN Skincare Restorative Eye Treatment with TriHex Technology®. It recently received the 2019 Beauty Award by InStyle Magazine and was named the best eye cream out there!
Skin Tone & Elasticity
If skin tone and loss of elasticity or collagen are a top priority for you, consider the ALASTIN Skincare Restorative Skin Complex with TriHex Technology®. Though less targeted in the truest sense of the word (you can use it on your whole face!), it is a hands-down customer favorite. Some recent product reviewers have said:
“I cannot even begin to express how much this has changed my skin quality and texture!” - Rebecca
“My skin looks great, pores are smaller - friends are jealous!” - Viola
“This makes my skin very soft and it’s a great base for make-up too!” - Margaret
To address aging skin, you really need to add a retinol to your skincare routine. The ALASTIN Skincare Renewal Retinols, available in both .25 and .5 formula strengths, are highly recommended anti-aging treatments by dermatologists particularly because they have Tremella Fuciformis Sporocarp Extract (Silver Mushroom Extract and Betaine Complex) which are significantly more hydrating than hyaluronic acid which makes them less irritating than many other retinol products.
Essential Skincare For Your Body
- Neck & Décolletée Skincare: the skin below your chin is delicate and faces unique challenges like crepiness and photo-aged discoloration. Look for a skincare formula with hydrating qualities that is designed to help reduce redness and improve firmness, tone, and texture.
- Body Skincare: depending on a variety of factors including your lifestyle, nutrition, and exercise, you may experience loss of elasticity or poor skin texture on other areas of your body as well, like your arms, abdomen, and legs. Find a daily body skincare product like the TransFORM Body Treatment with TriHex Technology® that can help to improve skin texture and crepiness when used as part of a daily skincare regimen. Many also turn to fat-reduction or skin-tightening procedures like CoolSculpting®, which when used in conjunction with TransFORM Body Treatment, can help accelerate the body’s natural removal process of broken-down fat cells post-procedure to accelerate and enhance visible results.
These are the basics, and frankly, we could keep going. But if you do nothing else for your skin, at least stick to these daily skincare must-haves to ensure that your skin is glowing and healthy!
HydraTint Pro Mineral Broad Spectrum Sunscreen SPF 36
Powerful sun protection with a hint of tint.
SilkSHIELD® All Mineral Sunscreen SPF 30 with TriHex Technology®
A mineral sunscreen with gentle protection.
Ultra Nourishing Moisturizer with TriHex Technology®
Designed to help calm, nourish, and hydrate skin.